4 Things Smart Homeowners Always Know to Do in May Like buying a fridge or mattress when the savings are the biggest. Giving your home a little extra love this month can save you time and money.
Myrtle Beach Is A Great Home For Football Fans
Since the Grand Strand consists of both locals and tourists, and many residents are transplants from different areas across the country, there are some great places to watch your home football team at the beach. You could walk into a sports bar to find fans wearing all types of college and NFL jerseys. Whether it's state favorites Clemson, Gamecocks, and Panthers or a long list of pro teams from the northeast.
The question is who are you rooting for in the 2018 NFL divisional playoff games? For today's games, who will prevail? Will it be the Falcons or the Eagles? Patriots or Titans? In tomorrow's match ups, who's bringing home the win...Steelers or Jaguars? Saints or Vikings? Thanks to Terry Massey, a writer for USA Today, here are the Top 10 Best Sports Bars in the Myrtle Beach area to watch the playoff games this weekend. I hope your fan favorites are victorious!
10. Foster's Cafe & Bar is a popular gathering spot for misplaced fans from other cities. The owners are transplants from the Philadelphia, so many Eagles, Flyers and Phillies fans flock to Foster's. But the small, friendly pub also serves as the home of many former Pittsburgh residents, so supporters of the Steelers, Pirates and Penguins frequent Foster's as well. This diversity creates quite a scene on game days, and the kitchen cooks up specials for NFL Sundays, as well as a beer specials and a Bloody Mary bar. A pool table and dart board keep the friendly competition going all week.
9. Formerly known as the popular locals' hangout Droopy's, the new owners of Pine Lakes Tavern have changed more than the name. A total makeover of the bar, game room and bathrooms is already complete, creating a clean, casual environment for happy hour drinks or late-night partying. The spacious back porch overlook Pine Lake and is the perfect place to unwind with a drink after a round of golf at the nearby Pine Lakes Golf Club the first golf course in the golf capital of Myrtle Beach. Fifteen draft beers are on tap as well as an excellent dinner menu. Occasional live bands and pig roasts make this a festive place to hang.
8. For a quiet, low-key brush with locals, look to this red-brick tavern located in downtown North Myrtle, which used to serve as the city jail. A full menu of pub grub is available, from tasty Irish favorites like bangers & mash and shepherd's pie to more domestic dishes like blackened salmon and grilled pork chops. Best of all, in the truest public house spirit, the dwelling features several comfortable places to sit and converse while you enjoy - what else? - a nice, cold glass of stout. Flynn's recently added a huge outdoor deck with a full bar, band stand, darts and sports on TV.
7. If anything goes wrong, go to Murphy's: That's this bars twist on the old adage. A friendly atmosphere transcends this place from another hole in the wall to a great place to hangout. If you're looking to catch the big game and throw back a few cold ones, you'll be hard pressed to find a better environment than Murphy's Law. A fun sports bar with about 30 satellite TVs, a big deck outside, darts and pool tables. Solid menu of bar favorites, plus a raw bar, and a good selection of domestic and imported beers. Great happy hour specials, too.
6. A great deck, 32 flavors of draft beer and terrific service – what more could you ask for from your friendly neighborhood watering hole? Stop by in the afternoon for a bite of lunch on the waterside deck. Come by later in the evening to catch a game on the tube. With "tons of TVs" and an NFL Sunday Ticket package, they're sure to have your team on. If you need more diversions, head to the games area, where you'll find pool tables, dart boards, bowling and the ever-contentious Golden Tee. Not just a hangout for vacationers, Bully's sees to locals by hosting parties throughout the year.
5. Walking through the doors of Oscar's only feels like you have been magically transported to Pittsburgh, but it's easy to see why your mind can be tricked. The walls are filled with sports memorabilia from the Steel City and the large segment of the regulars are visitors or transplants from Pittsburgh, including the owners. They built a haven for fellow transplants who missed home and rooting for the home team with friends. Oscar's also draws fans of all team colors and stands on its own as a family restaurant. Traditional bar-food shares menu space with entrees you won't find at most sports dives.
4. Handley's Pub & Grub offers a true English-pub atmosphere on the South Carolina coast. Located in the Carolina Forest section of Myrtle Beach, this large, stand-alone building houses a spirited crowd of sportsmen, both those who play darts and billiards and those who simply watch the big games on the telly. A wide selection of domestic and imported beers are available by bottle and draft, and 28 plasma-screen TVs keep track of all the action, from European soccer to American football. The menu goes well beyond the average sports bar, featuring steaks, chops, seafood and a number of sandwiches, salads and starters.
3. Step into a British-style pub featuring American sports in the heart of downtown Myrtle Beach. This popular watering hole has been in business at this prime location for more than 25 years and has a dedicated local following. Football fans of many different NFL teams gather here to be amongst their own kind. Private booths with their own TVs allow guests to view the game of their choice. Bumstead's has a wide selection of imported and domestic drafts, and the menu is more than the basic sports-bar fare - from hot wings to fish and chips. The party lasts well after the ballgames at Bumstead's.
2. Welcome to the Taj Mahal of sports bars on the North Strand. This two-story, 15,000-foot sportsplex features more than 150 TVs, including a 12-foot video wall, three 60-inch large screens and four 10-foot wide projection screens. It's hard to find a seat without a view of all the games. Speaking of games, Overtime has a room filled with arcade games and a museum packed with sports memorabilia. Overtime also offers a broad selection of draft beers, imports as well as domestics, and a full bar in the center of the massive facility. The menu is loaded with excellent appetizers, sandwiches, burgers, wings and more.
1. Broadway Louie's is a massive sports bar, part of the Celebration complex at Broadway, is loaded with tons of fun diversions for adults. If you want to catch a game, match or race on the big-screen (or 50 screens), this is the place to do it! If you want to challenge your buds in air hockey, Golden Tee, pool or any number of arcade games, Louie's has it all. And if you're feeling like it's high time for you to shine on stage, karaoke mic in hand, this is the place to do it! As for food and drink, Louie's serves plenty of both, including some rather tasty New York-style pizzas.
I'll be at Broadway Louie's tonight to cheer for the Atlanta Falcons and Tennessee Titans! I'm hoping the championship bracket and Superbowl 2018 looks like this.
Falcons vs. Saints - NFC Championship
Titans vs. Jaguars - AFC championship
I'm cheering for the Titans to go all the way!
Oh, and if you don't agree with my game selections and champions, please don't hold that against me. No matter how we disagree on football, I know we can agree on real estate. I have over 14 years experience selling homes and condos in the Myrtle Beach, Atlanta, and South Florida markets. I look forward to helping you find the perfect vacation home, primary residence, or investment property. Start your search on our modern, consumer-friendly website or view all listings for sale in your area with our super awesome mobile app. Our customers tell us our real estate search app is way better than Zillow and Realtor.com. Let me know what you think!
As an experienced professional, Lisa Belcher prides herself on blending old-fashioned customer service with up-to-the-minute technology. She recognizes the importance of establishing solid relationshi....
Latest Blog Posts
How Much Has Your Home Increased In Value Over The Last Year? Home values have risen dramatically over the last twelve months. In CoreLogic’s most recent Home Price